Become a part of our unique success story and join us as Senior PHP Software Engineer (all genders) at Goodgame Studios. We self-publish our games in-house and have all relevant professions under one roof: Art, Game Development, Quality Assurance, Community Management and Customer Support to Business Development, Marketing, Analytics and Central IT services. We are focused on achieving long-term, sustainable success thanks to our expertise, economic vitality, and by selecting the best talent around.
As a Senior Software Engineer (all genders) you will join the Payment Services department and work in a cross-functional development team. You will develop, improve and maintain our customer service systems.Your main responsibility is to assure we have a maintainable and scalable product while delivering new features in line with the product strategy. To facilitate the strategy alignment, you will work closely with the Payment, Game and Customer Service teams.
- You will develop and improve the existing user interfaces, including customer service management systems, backend systems, services and APIs.
- You will develop applications and services from the infrastructure, to backend and frontend.
- You will be responsible for the complete software lifecycle (cooperation with stakeholders, architecture, development, automated testing, running and monitoring).
- You will work with Amazon Web Services, Docker, PHP 7.3+ and corresponding frameworks.
- Ensure application quality through testing, pair programming and code reviews.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent education.
- Several years of relevant programming experience.
- You are solution-oriented and eager to come up with practical solutions to complicated problems.
- You are proficient in object-oriented programming and open to additional programming paradigms.
- You are interested in Domain-Driven Design, Infrastructure as Code, Message-oriented Architecture.
- You are familiar with Git and concepts of Continuous Integration and DevOps.
- You speak and write English fluently.
You see yourself in our description? Additionally five great reasons to join us
- Work from our modern office in Hamburg with roof terrace, cafeteria, common rooms, gaming and lounging etc. or take a lap in the swimming pool on our beautiful campus
- You join a supportive team in a pragmatic, yet challenging environment, with short communication processes and flat hierarchies, perfect for growing your skills
- Results-oriented teamwork that values employee contribution and empowerment
- Competitive compensation and a good work-life balance
- Free access to fresh fruits, snacks and drinks
During this difficult time of the Covid-19 pandemic, the safety of our employees and everyone else is of utmost importance to us which is why we switched to a solely virtual recruiting process for the time being. We are still hiring and happy to receive your application in English (cover letter, CV, references, degree)!#Stayhome #Stayhealthy
Your contact person for this job offer is Juliane Voigtländer.
Goodgame Studios is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage and support diversity and welcome all qualified applications.
Goodgame Studios is a leading free-to-play, online games development company. We operate across web and mobile platforms and cater to over 500 million registered users worldwide. With a rich talent pool of employees from more than 40 nations, we are among the largest German employers in the gaming software industry. Our aim is clear: We want to entertain millions of players around the world with our games, therefore we joined the Stillfront AB in 2018. Stillfront AB is a group of independent creators, publishers and distributors of digital games – with a vision to become the leading group of indie game creators and publishers.