Goodgame Studios is a leading free-to-play, online games development company. We operate across web and mobile platforms and cater to over 500 million registered users worldwide. With a rich talent pool of employees from more than 40 nations, we are among the largest German employers in the gaming software industry. Our aim is clear: We want to entertain millions of players around the world with our games, therefore we joined the Stillfront Group AB in 2018. Stillfront Group AB is a group of independent creators, publishers, and distributors of digital games – with a vision to become the leading group of indie game creators and publishers.
Our live games team is searching for an experienced Freelancer – Java Backend (all genders) to work closely with our game design and monetization teams and develop new and outstanding gameplay features. Do you combine excellent coding skills and a DevOps mindset with the ability to think outside the box and want to achieve an amazing gameplay experience for our 500 million users?
- Core Backend: Java 8, Java 11, Spring IoCCore
- Persistence: MySQL
- Serverless Backend: AWS Lambda (Node.js); SNS/SQS; API Gateway
- Modern Persistence: DynamoDB, Aurora Serverless, Elasticache
- Build & Deployment: Maven, Jenkins, Gitlab
- Testing: jUnit, Mockito, Mocha/Chai, JEST
- Monitoring: ELK; Grafana; AWS Cloudwatch
About the Project
- Build new and exciting gameplay features and content keeping our online player base constantly engaged
- Work closely with the game design and monetization teams to ensure that all gameplay features meet the functional requirements and swiftly adapt to changes based on internal feedback, community reception, and big data analytics
- Keep the creative teams familiar with technical capabilities and limitations but push the envelope wherever feasible
- Refactor and modify existing and legacy features to accommodate new adjustments and dynamic content addition while increasing maintainability and modularity of our growing codebase
- We’re focused on one mission: to make our successful MMO games technologically fit for 2021 and beyond. (Imagine re-building an A320 while in the air).
- Our legacy codebase has been around for a decade, keeping our players happy and engaged, but also outlasting the many hands that built it over the years. We respect it, but it comes with debt. We refactor it, trim it, or build around it.
- We run mission-critical functionality as serverless micro-services, all while feeding our huge Java monolith that just kept growing over the years, building for the future while respecting our past.
- Clearly this isn’t for everyone. It’s for the daring, the creative, the out-of-the-box-thinkers, the experienced, the multi-linguists, the hungry, the curious, the foolish, the getting-sh*-done-ers.